We at WikiAnswers are holding our second AnswerThon next month, and we're adding a special community twist.
Last time, the person who contributed the most answers won a big prize.
This time, we are working with 5 non-profit organizations to help them raise money.
Here's how it works:
1. Register here. You'll need to create a WikiAnswers username so that we can keep track of your contributions.
2. Pick a team - that's the non-profit you're playing for. There are 5 to choose from and you can read about them here.
3. Get familiar with WikiAnswers so that come July 26...
4. you can sign in with your username and answer as many questions as possible over the weekend. Answers must be at least 3 sentences long to count (no "I don't know" or "Google it!" answers will be considered in your total). The more questions you answer, the more points your non-profit team scores.
5. The non-profits with the most questions answered will receive a HUGE donation - and you made it possible.
Here is the prize list...
The FIRST PLACE charity, with participants who answer the most questions in two days, will receive a $5,000 donation.
The SECOND PLACE charity will receive a $1,500 donation.
The THIRD PLACE charity will receive a $500 donation.
The top 10 individual contributors who answer the most questions according to the rules of the AnswerThon will each receive an official WikiAnswers t-shirt.
Our team worked really hard to put this together and the non-profits deserve every penny. (And of course it's just fun to answer questions... no matter who you are or what your specialty, you always have knowledge or wisdom to contribute about something.) So...
Please sign up and mark your calendars for July 26!